Monday, September 24, 2007

Food Shortage

It's Monday. I don't have a class so my classmates and I won't have our daily lunch together.It's almost the end of the month. My stipend has not arrived yet. I have no money to buy food. I have no food to cook in the freezer. I am hungry. I have no food to eat... but I am not fazed. This has been happening to me since my first year. Yet I trust in God that God will provide for me. If God provides for those little birds, how much more for us humans created in God's image. The Int'l Fellowship offers free lunch, as long as you sign up for their Bible studies. In the afternoon, there is free vegetarian dinner, as long as you are willing to listen about Krishna. There is free food everywhere. Sometimes, extra foods from conferences and meetings find their way in the student kitchen. I just need to stand by there as free food always disappears within minutes. It may sound pitiful for a seminary student to be in food shortage. But I guess, it's just part of the training of a clergy-to-be... after all, the same problem of food shortage will happen when I become a clergy.

No comments: