Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Nights


It's Friday night. Sabbath day for most of us. I mean, it's rest and recreation day. The Div school is encouraging students to go to the State Fair. My friend is having a pizza dinner at his place. There's an opening party at the Dillo patio. Where did I go? To the Dillo Patio. Everybody else went as a group to those other activities but I went alone to the Dillo Patio. Why? Well, the state fair requires one to buy a ticket to be able to enter the fair. I don't have the money to buy a ticket, so can't go there. The dinner was supposed to be a potluck or bring a donation (monetary or food). Again, I don't have money and I don't have any food to bring, so can't go there. The Dillo? They were having a grand opening and so food was free. Now, that's something I can do. Just show up and have free food. The free food lasted only till 8pm so that's a plus for me. That means, I won't have to stay late. See, not everything is bad. God's grace is always abundant. God always has better plans for me... a free dinner and an extra time to relax... that's my kind of Friday night.

No comments: