Friday, July 18, 2008

Reflection Group

We had our monthly reflection group meeting last week, July 9 at Duck UMC, NC. Duck was a nice place with the beach in view and some historic spots like the Wright Borthers museum in Kill Devil, it was a perfect toursit spot. I started appreciating the good side of having to drive an hour or so just to meet with my shoolmates and friends and reflect upon our experiences in the ministry. You get to go places and you get to see beautiful spots. More than that I found it very helpful to have a group of friends that you can share your experiences with. It refreshes me to hear stories, reflections and insights about serving in God's vineyard especially knowing that these people also share the same experiences that I have. I could only hope that these kind of reflection groups would translate into covenant groups when we all become ordained clergy in the near future, that we may have a venue to old each other and grow together as we serve our Lord.

No comments: